Hi Jose

On 01-May-00, you wrote:

>> If other DNS lookups work but not the one for your IP (try MiamiResolve
>> your_IP_address), then it's a configuration problem at your ISP.
>>
>> If everything works properly with MiamiResolve, it's possible that
>> everything works except that your ISP has a long delay in making the
>> connection "usable", meaning that you can't use the rDNS method of finding
>> your hostname and will need to disable that option.
>>

>  I would try the MiamiResolve but now I got back to a bigger prob. :)
> That is Miami is unable to determine my local IP address. That appened
> for very long time before but I got the prob, (thanks to Cable
> DSL FAQ) it was with my ethernet board address. The ISP or cable modem
> remembers board address. So I put the same address in all 3 boards in
> the house.   Dont know why but since yesterday I cant even pass that
> "old" prob. Everything fine on other 2 Peecees.
>  Im trying to find out what the prob is...  Been on this sh*t for 2
> moths! I can do it! :)

  Ok, just got what the new problem was. My cable was getting messed up.
 Changed cables and everything fine. (doh)
  Miami resolve returned this:

:> Miami:miamiresolve 212.113.185.221
host: 212.113.185.221
address list:
    212.113.185.221

  Did it work? Was it supposed to return an hostname?
  Also I put "Get dynamic DNS servers" to "verify&add" so the prob
 should not be with the DNS servers configuration on my side right?!

Regards
--
  .------|Jose Andias|-------.