Hello,

I would try to use _this() for implicit activation. If the target POA is
not what would you like to use, then you will need to modify
_default_POA method on your servant implementation and return different
POA, i.e. the one you would like to use for object activation.

Cheers,
Karel

Aspas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm very new to CORBA and Mico in general; however, I need to implement
> a small CORBA server and it seemed that CCM would be the best way to do
> it: it seemed easier and better organized.
>
> So far, so good, but I'd like to return a new object instance from a
> method, which had me banging my head against the wall for a while now.
>
> My (partial) IDL looks like this:
>
>    interface CardInfo
>    {
>        attribute long SerialNumber;
>        // other information here
>        void SetPin(in unsigned long high, in unsigned long low);
>    };
>
>    interface BasicOperations
>    {
>        boolean GetCardInformation(out CardInfo CardInformation)
> raises(CardNotOpenedException, ReaderNotOpenedException);
>    };
>
> If I just do a
>
>    new CardInfo_Impl;
>
> To create my implementation of the CardInfo interface, upon returning
> from my GetCardInformation, Mico will assert in static.cc:698 because
> the new object doesn't have a IOR. I assume that this is because it
> hasn't been activated yet.
>
> However, I can't seem to find a way for the component to access its POA
> in order to activate the new object, or for the new object to be created
> already activated.
>
> Can I do what I want to achieve?
>
> I'm sure it's simple, but I'm already too confused...
>
> I'm using Mico 2.3.12 with CCM.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Vasco

Karel Gardas                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]