On Mar 4, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Alf Eaton wrote:
On 04 Mar 2006, at 13:50, Ryan King wrote:
On Mar 4, 2006, at 9:31 AM, Alf Eaton wrote:

At postgenomic.com (an aggregator/analysis engine for life science weblogs), an attempt to get people to add markup to their posts to identify reviews of papers currently looks like this: <http://www.postgenomic.com/about_reviews.php>. The recommendation is to use either a) rev="review" on the outward link, or b) to enclose the review in <div class="hreview"> and add class="url" to the outgoing link. My question is that in the hReview draft specification, 'item' is required: would it be best to use <div class="hreview item description"> for the wrapper, or are 'item' and 'description' not really necessary in this context (where there's not always structure, such as citation metadata, in the review itself)?

In this case, the url would be the item being reviewed, no?

Yes, it would. The trouble is that the item (title, url) and description (the text of the review) are all going to be jumbled up here, so it's difficult to isolate them into separate 'item' and 'description' sections. Could it be implicit that a 'url' class inside an 'hreview' class refers to the item being reviewed?

Sorry for the slow reply...

It seems that your question is "what do I do when the item's in the description?".

If I understand that correctly then, there really is no problem, its perfectly legal to have the item inside the description. So, your example from http://www.postgenomic.com/about_reviews.php could be:

I read an <a class="item url" href="[URL of paper]">interesting paper in Science</a> today...

-ryan
--
Ryan King
[EMAIL PROTECTED]