On Oct 11, 2006, at 6:33 PM, Guillaume Lebleu wrote:

Scott Reynen wrote:
So which of these tasks should we aim to make simple? I'd say the latter, because it's far more common (well over 80%, I think).
I think we agree here. $99 is more common than 99c, so the former should be simpler to microformat than the latter. Where it seems we differ in opinion is that the latter should still be possible to microformat.

I don't think disagree there at all, and I'm not sure where you got that impression.

To paraphrase you, what is simpler? to give a solution, although a bit less simple, to the minority of people who uses "99c", or to ask them to change the way they do things and use "$0.99"? I believe in the former.

I'll repeat my example here, because it doesn't require altering the published content at all:

That would be displayed as: 99¢, just like your examples. It doesn't prevent anyone from using the microformat. It just requires them to provide a machine-readable equivalent in the standard dollar unit, just like we provide machine-readable date equivalents in the standard ISO 8601 format, despite published date formats varying widely.

I think you'll agree that the following is pretty simple:

And most people in this community seems to be in agreement with this.

I haven't seen anyone disagree with this.

Now, what do we offer to people who use amounts in U.S. cents on their Web site.

Have them provide dollar equivalents in abbr titles, while maintaining the exact same published content.

Nothing or something?

No one is suggesting nothing, so I'm not sure why you're discussing that option here.

If we want to offer something, then for "70 US cents" as in http:// www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/01/1088488063161.html? from=storylhs, we could have:

We could, but what are the advantages of this over the example above?

My 2 cents

My 0.02 dollars.

Peace,