On  2 Nov, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> That would be great.  It's unfortunate that the presently
> available open source application servers force you to choose
> a language.  If you consider Enhydra/Java, Zope/Python and
> Midgard/PHP, Midgard appears to be closest to being
> language-agnostic.   It would be a big advantage if that
> turns out to be true in practice.

I think that with the Midgard 2 architecture (all Midgard
functions moved from Midgard-PHP to libmidgard, etc.) it
should be possible to wrap mod_perl or some other scripting
environment quite easily with Midgard, just as we've done
with PHP in the Midgard 1.x series. This could be a nice
hacking project for some Perl users.

We actually considered using Scheme as the scripting language
for Midgard at first but then turned to PHP as it offered much
of the needed functionality right out of the box.

What do people here think, would offering multiple scripting
languages for use with Midgard be useful? It would make
creating tutorials and example applications more difficult,
but also could make Midgard more attractive to many people
who don't want to use PHP.

> Paul

/Bergie

--
-- Henri Bergius -- +358 40 525 1334 -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
               http://www.iki.fi/Henri.Bergius