Hello David,

you wrote:
>> There's no documentation for mgd_list_members.
>> I'll guess that
>>     - it takes a group id as the (only) argument;
>>     - it returns person records;
>>     - it has a fetch() method defined for it.
>>
>> Can someone tell me which person fields it returns?
> so I think that the object member is defined as:
> class member
> {
>   int N;
>   function fetch();
>   int id;     // not very useful
>   int uid;   // user id
>   string name;  // first last
>   string rname;  // last, first (reversed name ??)
>   string departement;
>   string extra;  // ???
> };
#define NAME_FIELD \
  "Concat(firstname,If(firstname=''||lastname='','',' '),lastname)"
#define RNAME_FIELD \
  "Concat(lastname,If(firstname=''||lastname='','',', '),firstname)"
    midgard_select(return_value, "member.id AS id, person.id AS uid,"
                   NAME_FIELD " AS name," RNAME_FIELD " AS rname,department,"
                   "member.extra as extra",
                   "person,member", "member.gid=$d AND member.uid=person.id",
                   "lastname,firstname", id);
Thus,
 id is member id (id of group's member)
 uid is person id
 name is the name of person in form Firstname Lastname
 rname is the name of person in form Lastname Firstname
 department
 extra is the extra field of member table, it could be used for
 storing additional data

Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]