Hello Todd,

you wrote:
> Unfortunately, it didn't work for me:
> Thanks to Emile, 1.2.6beta2 is fully compiled. I have the
> new database as midgard2 in MySQL, so I edited the following
> appropriately:
> mgd = mgd_connect("midgard2","midgard","midgard");
> Midgard libraries are in: /usr/local/lib and
> /usr/local/include
> MySQL libraries are in: /usr/local/mysql (lib and include)
> root# gcc -o dumper dumper.c -I/usr/local/lib/mysql
> -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/lib
> -lmidgard -lmysqlclient
> dumper.c:1: illegal external declaration, found `#'
> dumper.c:1: undefined type, found `midgard'
It means that you saved attachment as DOS file with 0x0D 0x0A line
ends. GCC on no-DOS systems expects that line ends in a program file
should follow standard way on a given platform which is 0x0A most time
(or 0x0D on Mac). On MS DOS it works with both Unix and DOS-style line ends.
Convert dumper.c to your system line end's style and recompile it.
You can try GNU recode program.

Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]