"Emiliano E. Heyns" wrote:

Oops, sorry, I did get the serve name wrong when I set it back in the
host table.

> And refixed the module I suppose. Anyway:

Yes

I've been using the config instructions at the end of this file, and I
followed them exactly and had the servername and host table matching
exactly, when I first got this problem.

> > LoadModule php3_module        libexec/libphp3.so
> > LoadModule midgard_module       libexec/mod_midgard.so
> > AddModule mod_php3.c
>
> No AddModule mod_midgard

OK, my install instructions did not include this. I included this and
got
Syntax error on line 209 of /www/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot add module via name 'midgard_module': not in list of loaded
modules

I'm a bit confused, as it gets past

LoadModule midgard_module       libexec/mod_midgard.so

I must ask though, is the error message 'Midgard: host record for....
' not an indication that my module is running.

> > <Directory "/www/htdocs">
>
> No end?

I must admit, this line was not in the install instructions, and I
don't remember adding it. I've added </Directory>, and I've started
reading the apache documentation ;-)

> > MidgardRootfile /www/midgard/midgard-root.php3
> No <Files > section?

There wasn't one mentioned in my install instructions.

Is there somewhere that mentions what I need to add here?

Thanks for your help.
Dave

8. Apache httpd configuration file edit

                   Once you have installed the main components
described
                   previously, you should now edit your httpd.conf
file. In my test
                   case, located in /www/conf/httpd.conf.

                   The basic objectives here are:

                       To load the Midgard and PHP Apache modules
                       To switch on the Midgard Engine
                       Tell Apache where to find Midgard's Root file
                       Password protect the Midgard root file or
directory containing this
                       root file
                       Add in the PHP application type
                       Create a virtual host for Midgard's
administration site

                   There is more than one way to do the Virtual Host.
Consult the Apache
                   documentation. I've gone for a very simple set up.
My test server is actually a
                   stand-alone connected via dial-up. In this case,
the only IP address I really
                   need is my localhost address which is loopback
127.0.0.1.

                   I have set the Virtual Hosts on different ports on
the same IP address. This
                   would eliminate the need to enter a different
hostname for the Midgard test
                   server and mess about with fiddly things like
/etc/hosts files and name server
                   entries.

                   Three different Virtual Hosts were created on my
test server:

                       www.mydomain.com - this is simply a normal site
which does not fall
                       under Midgard.
                       www.mydomain.com:8099 - This is the virtual
host set up for the
                       example site which comes with every Midgard
installation.
                       www.mydomain.com:8101 - This virtual host
contains the Midgard
                       Admin site.

                   If you are following these instructions and want to
set up your test server on
                   the network simply substitute 127.0.0.1 with your
server's IP address.

                   Below are the additional lines within my httpd.conf

                    Listen 80
                    Listen 8099
                    Listen 8101
                                      Tells Apache to listen for http