Henri Bergius wrote:

> > In .nl there are provisions (as I rememebr them, IANAL)
> > for voting-by-proxy, where a local resident can be authorized
> > to vote on your behalf. Maybe similar provisions exist
> > in Finland?
>
> Yes, but it needs to be a signed permission.

No problem, then. If a member can't make it to an important
meeting (which is going to happen sooner or later given the
commute involved) a signed permit mailed to the representative
should be enough. According to .nl regulations a fax is not
considered an original document so is not valid; I assume
similar regulations apply in Finland.

Just wondering out loud, BTW. Nothing specific I'm concerned
about.

Emile