I relasie that the pages as defined for a host are presented as if they were
directories.

If I submit a form to www.scandalsheet.org/subscribe a redirect is sent to
www.scandalsheet.org/subscribe/ but the browser then performs a GET instead
of a POST.

Of course I added the trailing slash to my form action and it works OK, but
I wondered if the wrong/none response code was being sent with the
"Location" redirect header.

I think if it is a POST request the status response should be one that
causes to post to be repeated - if this is possible I do not know.

For some reason, if it is a GET request being rewritten with the trailing
slash the query string is preserved.  POssibly due to the way apache
rewrites work.

Sam