Hello.

I'm trying to create a fail-over script to prevent outage in our network.
We have 3 WANs which are balanced with PCC. The check-gateway=ping option
in route doesn't work: sometimes the gateway (modem) is up but, is not
connected to internet and that causes problems.

What I'm trying to do is create a script to disable mangle rules if a line
goes out:
- I created a static route for each WAN,

/ip route add dst-address=8.8.8.8 gateway=GW1 distance=1
/ip route add dst-address=8.8.4.4 gateway=GW2 distance=1
/ip route add dst-address=OTHER gateway=GW3 distance=1

Also have default routes for each GW with different distance: 2,3,4.
The marked connections as well with marked routes.

The balance works well but, can't get the netwatch tool change up/down
state if I have a default route, which is needed for DNS.

If I even unplug one of the GW/Modem cable netwatch still have that link as
up.

How can I force ping from the RB to 8.8.8.8 from/using a specific route so
I can test or disable the mangle rules via a script ?

Please guide me to where I can get an idea or if someone here has something
similar.

Thanks in advanced for your time and help.