We deployed a lot of RB493Gs a few years back.  They are starting show
80 to 95% bad blocks on their flash storage.  I've been losing two to
three per month for a few months now.

The initial symptom is the automated ssh process which gathers IP pool
utilization to feed MRTG starts reporting that it cannot log in.  When I
go to look at the problem, all users are gone and I can only log in as
admin with no password.  They do not survive a reboot.  But so far, if I
don't reboot them, they keep doing what they were supposed to do.  They
just allow anyone to login with the default username and password.

So far, I've not lost any RB450Gs, but beings from the same family, I
half expect them to start going.  I have many fewer of those.

I'm not upset about losing these things after 3 to 5 years. I am curious
if others are seeing the same thing happen on your networks.

If others have left their RB493Gs on older firmware and are not seeing
issues, maybe it's a 6.30+ issue on RB493G bug?  Most of my have been
brought up to 6.30+ to work around some PPPoE + mangle/queue tree
issues.  (The MSS mangle rules don't get inserted before rule 0 leading
to PathMTU issues.)

If it is happening to others, maybe I need to order 16 to 21
replacements and do some preventative swaps.

"RouterOS RB493G","6.34.6"
"RouterOS RB493G","6.32.3"
"RouterOS RB493G","6.34.4"
"RouterOS RB493G","6.7"