On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 07:03:01PM -0400, Justin Miller via Mikrotik-users
wrote:
> In 6.something they added a flash refresh feature. Maybe this is
> prematurely killing the flash or just showing an issue before it
> becomes one.  Hard to tell.
>
> I've had a few devices with flash that fails, but not as much as you
> describe.

Ours may happen to run in warmer boxes during the summer.  No telling.

The part I don't like is not knowing the problem is coming until
authentication information disappears.  One day it works, the next it's
gone.  There is nothing in the remote syslog.

I did an actual count.  We've lost 6 devices out of 22 to bad flash, so
far.  My time sense is horrible.  The rate may be closer to 0.5 to 2 per
month.

lamb...@lambertfam.org