I discovered in the Dude forum that v6 causes a hiccup about twice per minute.  We were experiencing something that matched this description, leaving the Dude un-plugged caused the internet experience to improve for the users to be better than it has been ever!, according to users on the phone when I un-plugged it.  Also I could hear the problem on the rb1100, about every 30 seconds the variable frequency fan would accelerate to max speed and then drop.  After unplugging the Dude server (rb750gr3) the fan on the rb1100 stopped the 30second speedup routine and runs now at a fairly constant slow speed all of the time.  We have 3 POPs that were connected to the Dude server, all were having the same issue after upgrade to v6.