I've got a customer with a VOIP server (Altigen) inside a Mikrotik router
(3.0beta5 for various reasons)

Let's say outside IP is 1.1.1.1 - internal is 192.168.15.1

All internal phones have 192.168.15.x addresses, remote phones in various
places with various IP's.

Remote phone connects to public IP, gets dst-nat'd to 192.168.15.250 (Altigen
server IP).  They have several publics on this router - we picked one and just
dst-nat'd the whole public -> internal

When the phone server gets the connection from the remote IP, it sees
192.168.15.1 as the incoming IP, and it can't talk to the remote phone because
the phone server's expecting the public IP (according to the dealer on-site)

No matter what I do, I can't get the public IP to appear on the internal
network as the source address.  I'm pretty sure that's the way NAT is SUPPOSED
to work - but of course they're telling me that Altigen works just fine with
every other router in the world and "they've never had this problem with
sonicwall or ciscos"

What to do? What to do.

PS...we do dst-nat'ing on another public, straight to a webserver inhouse, and
it works great, although the logs on the server say 192.168.15.1 is requesting
the page...