On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Randall Roberts wrote:

I was under the impression that STP wasn't very reliable. (I haven't tried it in years...)

It's not unreliable...just harder to engineer traffic than, for example, OSPF.

I've always seen the STP button in Bridge setup. Didn't know about what to put for the settings, I'm going back to lab and try with the defaults.

The defaults will work just fine for most applications. STP will use a "least number of hops" approach by default. If the hop count is equal, then it will "at random" pick one.

One other question- Is there a problem with turning this on all of the wireless bridged links? Will it then allow more of a 'mesh' with the different towers if say, A has link to B and to C, and B has a link to C? If A->B fails, B will get it from A->C->B?

If I understand your question, then the answer is "no, there's no problem with this". In fact, it is advisable to turn it on for all of them. If you are running a mesh, then you may want to look into MME, which is documented (poorly, IMO) here: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MME_wireless_routing_protocol

In your shoes, I'd go with STP, as it is simple, low overhead and reliable.

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*http://blog.butchevans.com/    *Wired or wireless Networks        *
*http://www.wisp-forums.com/    *http://www.wisp-wiki.com/
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Professional Technical Trainer    *