To: "Mikrotik discussions" <mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 10:17 PM
Subject: [Mikrotik] STP Question / Problem

After my 'enlightenment' last week about using STP, I tested for several
days with great success. Ether1 and Ether2 were plugged into my network
switch, and Ether3 was plugged into my laptop. Unplug one or the other
connections to switch and worked great.

Tonight, I took a more 'realistic' implementation for a 'fallover' box.
Ether1 -> Connected to CPE linked to AP1 on a nearby tower of ours
Ether2 -> Connected to CPE linked to AP2 on the same tower
Ether3 -> To my laptop.

Both CPE links work fine seperately.
Bridge has all three ports in it, and I've tried STP/RSTP and varied those
settings.
When I plug both CPE's in, ethernet loop - lights go crazy and network goes
nuts. It never disables either ports in the loop.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

This is the configuration I was working toward - where I have redundant
BH's, plug them both into these, instead of having to toggle one on or off.

Thanks,
Randall

dangerous content by Basin Broadband, Inc.,
utilizing DefenderMX technology, and is
believed to be clean.