Well I am not so sure. Our own email server should not require reverse lookup
for a client logging in and sending email. That is the norm for an email
server. Where PTR comes into play is when one email server sends an email to
another server. So that reverse lookup should not happen on the initial send
from a customer here to our own email server.

PTR entries are usually only enter for servers, especially email servers since
that is a spam check. Think of a business. They don't have PTRs for every
desktop in their enterprise. That would be a nightmare.

Terri Kelley
Network Engineer
254-697-6710 x 1140
Farm to Market Broadband
www.farm-market.net

This email message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above, and
may contain, together with any attachment(s), confidential information that
is privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, copying or distribution of this message and any
attachment(s) is strictly prohibited.