I don't think the step-converter would have any effect on the RB433.

But I am curious about what your power calcs look like. We have solar sites running on 24V, where our minimum panel is 300 watts for 3 radios plus a router. Our total load is ~~ 25 watts continuous (> 10:1 ratio of panel:load). That ratio is considered somewhat low if you are in a midwestern location. Inland, or higher longitude might require a 15:1 ratio.

Do you have a switch or anything else at this site?  What's the total load?

bp