On Thu, 2013-01-17 at 15:40 -0800, Ryan Spott wrote:
> I have a remote customer with 3x 3up/3down adsl lines.
>
> I have an mtik at their prem and at my datacenter. Can I use MLPPP to bind
> the links?
>
> Will there be a per connection spread across the links or will the spread be
> on a per packet basis?

MLPPP is supported as a client, but I don't believe that MT supports
MLPPP server.  I haven't played with this, but I don't think so.  You
could create bonded EoIP tunnels or some other tunnel types that run
over the pppoe links, but it would not behave exactly the same as mlppp.
IF you can do MLPPP (and I don't believe it's possible with MT), that
behaves like a single pipe.  So with 3 3x3 links, you'd have a single
9x9 link (less some overhead).  I have a couple of customers who I've
helped get multiple DSL circuits to "aggregate" the bandwidth using
bonding with EoIP tunnels.  It's pretty stable.  Requires a little
policy routing, but not terribly complex.

* Butch Evans                * Professional Network Consultation   *
* http://www.butchevans.com/ * Network Engineering                 *
* http://store.wispgear.net/ * Wired or Wireless Networks          *
* http://blog.butchevans.com/ * ImageStream, Mikrotik and MORE!    *
*          NOTE THE NEW PHONE NUMBER: 702-537-0979                 *