On 06/03/2013 08:43 PM, Josh Luthman wrote:
Pretty sure stdin doesn't exist on the Mikrotik...

I am pretty sure that is correct. I was just hoping that there was a way in the scripting engine to accept user input. In reading the wiki, I could find no examples of this, nor does the scripting manual show any commands that appear to do this.

FTR, any others out there with questions about ANYTHING in routeros, the wiki at http://wiki.mikrotik.com/ is a GREAT place to use as a first stop in your research. While questions on this (or other lists) are welcomed, it should be a habit to look there first. Another great option is attending a training event hosted by Butch Evans Consulting. You can find details of such trainings (new events are listed) at http://www.butchevans.com. Ok, that was a shameless plug...

--
Butch Evans
702-537-0979