From: "Scott Reed" <sr...@nwwnet.net>
To: "Mikrotik discussions" <mikrotik@mail.butchevans.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:29:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Mikrotik] The no ping if no association "feature" of v6 mikrotik

Yes, don't put the WLAN in the bridge, just the admin address and use it
for pinging and management. We have several hundred devices setup this
way; a bridge with an IP address but with no interfaces.
If you use OSPF, but the bridge in the OSPF interfaces and the admin
subnet in the networks and OSPF will handle the routing.

--
Scott Reed
Owner