On Sat, 2015-11-21 at 16:24 +0000, Tyler Treat wrote:
> Have a question regarding dhcp relay function.
> Say we have local dhcp configured at a remote site, yet we have a
> network management tool that would like to see dhcp traffic for
> device detection purposes.
> My question is this:   Is it possible for local dhcp to function, and
> have dhcp relay pointing to our NAC to assist it in detecting
> devices?(the NAC doesn't respond, just listens)
>
> Thoughts?

I haven't tried it, but I don't think you can run a DHCP relay AND and
DHCP server on the same interface in RouterOS.  You can use RADIUS to
provide the information for non-local leases (leases not found in the
local leases table), which may or may not suit your needs, but it is
one approach.

--
Butch Evans
Training and Support for WISPs