Hi Mtik Users.

I have a network with two upstreams via two MikroTiks.

One is via a slow HamNet WLAN Link. (Default route Metric 130)
The other one has a PPPoE Connection (Main router). (Default route
Metric 1)

Both sides speak a routing protocol and redistribute the default route
(works with OSPF or RIPE, I did try both, with the same issue).

I start by quickly disabling the WLAN Link on the HamNet Mikrotik. The
HamNet Mikrotik learns the default route from the main router, in case
of RIP with the distance 120.
I then re-enable the WLAN interface. The link and default route via
that interface comes up, distance 130, so the RIP announced default
route via main router is the active one.

Now if the PPPoE Link goes down, the default route is being deleted and
the default route from the HamNet Mtik is being learned and propagated
through my network.

Fine, so far.

If the PPPoE Link comes up again, the shorter distance default route is
being propagated again in my network. Some 'edge' routers learn it and
switch their default route. But not the Mikrotik Hamnet Router.

After some google research, I found hints that on a Mikrotik, a 'static'
default route is never being replaces by one announced by a routing
protocol even if that has ha higher priority.

Is this something which could be configured somewhere?

Is there some local work-around which could be done like locally
injecting the default route by some routing protocol on the HamNet
Machine so that it is not considered 'static'?

Or having a script removing the static route if another one is being
announced?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden