> >Second, Looking at the log entries there is nothing that shows which
> >scanner detected the virus. Now, this would be quite beneficial.
> >Considering it would be cool to be able to do reports saying clam found
> >100% - trend never found them (because clam is run before trend).
>
> Details of a mod for this are in the list archive - I know 'cos that's where
> I found this myself.

I have spent a bit of time looking over the list archives and have not
found a resolution to this. If anyone can point me in the direction I
would be greatful.

>From a different perspective it would seem perhaps approriate to have a
Variable $VirusScannerName set by the various routines that invoke virus
scanners e.g. This would mean the Name of the scanner would be available
to mimedefang-filter as VirusScannerMessage is.

It does not look too have to implement (one line of code per AV
subroutine + appropriate definition of the virus). But I really dislike
running local hacks in upstream code (only from a management
perspective), what would the possibility of this getting put into
mimedefang proper? Or is there an even better way to handle this?

Thanks again,

Stewart