--On Tuesday, May 11, 2004 4:28 PM +0100 Andrew Jayes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks for the advice,
                        I do take your point and agree with you. But I am also aware
that a
most of our mail comes from the general public and small companies that
do not have much in the way of anti-virus know how. In these instances it
would be nice to inform them to check their systems. Also if I can inform
the sender that the message has not reached us, it saves me some earache
a week later when they phone to complain that I haven't replied.

It would be useful to tell the owner of the infected PC, but there is no way to determine who it is.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York