--On Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:37 PM -0500 "David F. Skoll" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Our (commercial) implementation of greylisting notes when a host
makes it past the greylist hurdle.  Once that happens, we don't greylist
that host for 40 days.  It's a simple trick that greatly reduces the
annoyance of greylisting delays without materially reducing the
effectiveness of greylisting.  I'm not sure if any of the free
greylisting implementations do this (but hey... here's a project for
someone...)

While I can see how that helps a large userbase, I don't see how it would help a small company server. Perhaps a distributed greylist DB? Sort of like a DNSBL but with white-listing. MD could store the successful entries in a zone and we could publish our zones for others to use.