Cormack, Ken wrote:
Have others been noticing a lot of spams recently, that tend to be
html-based (big surprise there, eh?), contain obvious (and visible) random
text intended to pollute a bayes store, both above and below the "real"
content of the message... a spam in the form of a bitmap image?  The
subject, too, is typically one or two random words meant to sneak past a
bayes engine.

Have been seeing a number of these lately here, and I'm wondering if anyone
has ideas how best to go about blocking some of these things.

Ken

Yes, they seem to have been showing up steadily for the last two weeks or so.
The first few came through, but they've been being flagged since.
Unfortunately I haven't seen enough for Bayes to get a clue it appears, but
here's the analysis of the last one I just noticed:

4.2 HELO_DYNAMIC_IPADDR    Relay HELO'd using suspicious hostname (IP addr
                           1)
2.9 FROM_LOCAL_NOVOWEL     From: localpart has series of non-vowel letters
0.5 HTML_40_50             BODY: Message is 40% to 50% HTML
-2.0 BAYES_00               BODY: Bayesian spam probability is 0 to 1%
                           [score: 0.0000]
2.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
                           [24.91.213.212 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
1.6 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
              [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?24.91.213.212>]
1.9 RCVD_IN_NJABL_DUL      RBL: NJABL: dialup sender did non-local SMTP
                           [24.91.213.212 listed in combined.njabl.org]
3.9 RCVD_IN_XBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus XBL
                           [24.91.213.212 listed in sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org]

Charles