[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

... in which case you can infer that they're infected, and the problem has gone
from a technical one to a business one.  Do you cut off the customer's access,
fix their infection, send them a warning note... ?

I would think it depends on who you are... an ISP, a company network, and so on.

The univ here offers free anti-virus. I think their policy is that you go get it, install and clean your system (or bring it in for a tech to do it) and then they'll let you access the email servers again.

I could see in a business the IT departments raining down on your cubicle.. (ala "Geek Squad" in not so sheik bugs)

I could see an ISP just blocking you out until you fix it...

And in all three, maybe they just stop your port 587 submissions and make you use some form of web mail.

<shrug>

Lots of potentials for that one,

 -Ben

--