David F. Skoll wrote:

There is no need for you to know who the ultimate enduser composing the
e-mail is.

I don't want to know who the ultimate end-user is.  I just want to know
the IP address of the machine that injected the email into Google.
It's a valuable of information I can use in my filter.

How can it possibly matter if my laptop is sending from a Panera Bread hotspot or a hotel room where it hasn't been before and probably won't be again? Any decision you make based on that information is almost certainly going to be wrong or biased by unrelated things done by other people at some other time. The relevant piece of information is that I authenticated to the server that sent the message.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lemikes...@gmail.com