On 2012-07-16 3:23 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:18:22 -0500
Ben Kamen <bka...@cornelius.benjammin.net> wrote:

We use Mail::DKIM directly from MIMEDefang to sign messages.

Erm, so if you would please elaborate a little further...

We have a little routine like this in our filter:

sub dkim_sign
{

(snip)

}

and we call it for outbound mail.

so it's not in there by default -- that's good to know.

If I send a message through my server (sendmail) via port 465/587
through the sendmail MSA... how does this affect signing of messages
through sendmail's DKIM-milter?

Use one or the other, but not both.

I didn't think both would be a good idea. hahah... oy!

Which one would I be better off using for outbound email? Sendmail or
MimeDefang?

It depends.  We use MIMEDefang because it allows more flexible policy.
We can choose whether or not to sign outbound mail based on whatever
criteria we like... we might not want to sign all outbound mail.

 That's exactly what I needed to know..

Thanks again,

 -Ben

p.s. Happy user of MIMEdefang since like 2003 or 2004 or something. It's been a
LONG time.

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
eMail: b...@benjammin.net                      http://www.benjammin.net