On 22-11-20 22:21, Richard Laager wrote:
On 11/22/20 12:32 PM, Dianne Skoll via MIMEDefang wrote:
mimedefang.pl is over 7500 lines of
Perl in one ugly file with a ton of global variables.  It needs a major
overhaul.  I would start by writing a MD::Filter base class
and storing state in the MD::Filter object.  Callbacks could be implemented
as methods and users could subclass MD::Filter to implement their behaviour.

I've written an OO-like wrapper around current mimedefang ages ago, which is
still in use today. Documented here:

https://johnpc.home.xs4all.nl/mimedefang-modular/

Feel free to use any way you like.

If the "mimedefang-filter-select" and "Mimedefang.pm" is incorporated into the
main program, then example modules might even be easier to maintain because different things (eg
blocking bad extensions vs stripping HTML) are in different files, and can be turned off completely
just by removing one line from MailFilter::Settings.pm.

Just a suggestion... and making MD even more modern with better OO sounds good
to me. I've basically done this to make it a bit more manageable, back in the
days when I started using this.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <joh...@xs4all.nl>
"Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice."