Hello John,

2010/5/3 John E. / TDM <tdra...@tdragon.net>:
> MinGW-w64 developers,
>
> I'm planning to introduce a set of binary packages based on GCC for
> x86_64-w64-mingw32 and the MinGW-w64 runtime into the TDM-GCC compiler
> suite. More info about TDM-GCC is available at
> <http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/>, but in essence it's GCC for
> Windows, based on MinGW (and soon MinGW-w64), with a release schedule
> following GCC's formal releases, packaged in an NSIS installer/updater.

Fine, we will enjoy this and I agree on your scheduling plan for f

> I'd prefer to avoid duplicating patches and bug reports as much as
> possible, so I plan to direct users to the MinGW-w64 trackers for these
> purposes. Are you amenable to this? My documentation would include the
> following language:
>
>> BUGS:
>> Please do *not* report bugs in this edition of TDM-GCC to the standard
>> MinGW
>> (32) mailing list or forums.
>>
>> If you encounter any bugs with this edition of TDM-GCC, it is likely
>> that they
>> will be inherent to the x86_64-w64-mingw32 GCC target or to the MinGW-w64
>> runtime API. As such, you are encouraged to report bugs to the tracker
>> for the
>> MinGW-w64 project on SourceForge
>> (<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=202880&atid=983354>). Once
>> the issue
>> has been fixed in the mingw-w64 runtime or in GCC, file a feature
>> request on the
>> TDM-GCC tracker
>> (<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=200665&atid=974442>)
>> to update to the fixed version.
>>
>> SUPPORT:
>> Support for the x86_64-w64-mingw32 GCC target, as well as for any
>> incompatibilities in its runtime API, is provided where possible by the
>> MinGW-w64 project. The MinGW-w64 project provides multiple venues for
>> support
>> including a mailing list, an IRC channel, a web-based discussion forum on
>> SourceForge, and a web-based issue tracker on SourceForge.
>>
>> For more information about MinGW-w64, see the project's home page at
>> <http://mingw-w64.sourceforge.net/>.
>
> Let me know if there's anything you'd prefer I change, or any further
> considerations.

Yes, it makes in general no sense to duplicate bug-reports at many
places. Additional any bug-fixes and new features are most welcome,
too. Yes please direct users to our bug-tracker on SF. Please let us
know, if your toolchains will contain specific patches, which aren't
part of the vanilla source, as we can then provide users better
support. Additional you can tell users to contact us for general
question on our IRC-channel, too.

Regards,
Kai