> >> As for your concerns about CMake being available or not: it's
> >> available from all Linux and BSD variants I know because more and more
> >> projects are moving to CMake because more and more projects are
> >> concerned about cross-platform, including MSVC. It's not something
> >> esoteric.
> >
> > As far as I know, there are still a lot of project against the ideas
> > of using CMake to replace the autotools.
>
> The main reason why we do not use cmake is that it makes things much
> more complicated for the end-user, while adding additional maintenance
> requirements that we should get for free from the build system.
>
> Here's what I mean.
>
> In the autotools world, there is a very defined and extremely enforced
> concept that above all, our goal is to make it *TRIVIAL* for the end
> user to compile your software. Now let's clarify this.  The end user
> is the guy who knows nothing about development, nor of your project,
> nor of autotools, nor of anything else.  But he needs your project for
> some reason.  We want that guy to be able to do this:
>
> cd /tmp; /path/configure && make

What do you expect to be the breakdown of how you (as committers) will
build/debug/test ironCrate? For example, are these the right categories and
reasonable estimates?

 75% - Build on Linux for Linux (Wine) [1]
 22% - Cross-build on Linux for Windows
2.8% - Build on Windows for Windows (all MinGW flavors)
0.2% - Build on Windows for Windows (VC++)

Now turn it around. What do you expect to be the build breakdown for devs
trying to use ironCrate?

Jon

[1] I don't use Wine, but as Wine appears focused on other DLLs not the CRT
this may be nonsensical. It's pure speculation/spelunking on my part.