On 12/2/2012 12:55, Jon wrote:
>>> However, if you choose to use autotools, to better support the
>>> build-for-windows-on-windows scenario I ask that you also maintain a
>>> mingw32-make compatible Makefile. IIRC, this was Ozkan's suggestion near
>>> the very beginning of the discussion.
>>
>> Do you mean by this "not msys" ?
>
> Yes.
>
> I like msys, but a mingw32-make Makefile as the minimal-hassle baseline is
> faster-to-happy as one just needs to download Ruben or Nixman's toolchain and
> tweak PATH. No /etc/fstab or stuffing a mingw dir under msys.

Conversely, you could just download the MSYS "pack" and set/export the
PATH accordingly to wherever you put your compiler, you don't ever need
to edit any configuration files.

> Ah, are you saying other tools are needed? I'd skimmed the repo, saw
> `update_liblist.pl`, dismissed it and thought all could be built via
> Makefile(s). Sounds like I got it wrong.

It is used to update the automake entries, you use this only if you are
adding or removing components into ironcrate. It is not needed to build
it from release.