On 1/6/2013 21:38, Ruben Van Boxem wrote:

> I'll try to clarify my point one more time: yes it is possible in autotools
> to exclude code depending on configure. But that is not an autotools
> specific feature. Code and/or build systems not meant to be used on
> platforms that weren't in the dev's thoughts when written will not work.
> And because autotools is very Unix-centric, chances are a lot higher that
> they were written for Unix, and not with Windows in mind. This is a
> practical/statistical fact, not some disadvantage of autotools.

The statistics still do not mean autotools make Unix API a requirement,
does it?

The author already said it was working with MSVC, at which it was
suggested he added mingw support to the configure scripts to follow the
MSVC project if he wanted flexibility rather than adding yet another
build system.