On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Ray Donnelly <mingw.andr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've had a quick look at the source code and it's littered with stuff like:

Kudos for looking at the source! :)

> #ifdef _MSC_VER
> #include <Winsock2.h>
>
> So the fact is that the code itself conflates Windows builds with the
> MSVC compiler via _MSC_VER

You know, I bet that if someone cleaned up the distinction between
windows-specific ifdefs and MSVC specific ifdefs, you could probably
just specify gcc.exe in the VS IDE instead of cl.exe.  Since somebody
on the QuickFix project already maintains the project files, no
additional work is needed.