2013/6/7 Martin Mitáš <m...@morous.org>

> Hi Alexey,
>
> I have just tried the 64-bit package on Win 7. I unpacked it it into
> C:\msys as a replacement of my old MSYS package (not sure where it came
> from). It could be an old MSYS package from the mingw project). I am using
> console2 [1], which is set to use the following command as my shell:
>         c:\msys\bin\bash.exe --login -i
>
> Thanks for testing!
My package contains Console2 in /lib/Console2. There you can fix config.xml
to your location.
New builds of Console2 you can download from:
https://github.com/cbucher/console/wiki/Downloads

> I have some issues with it:
>
>  * With your package, my $HOME/.profile is completely ignored.
>
>  Ok I try to figure problem.

 * Command "which" is missing. My old MSYS package was having it
> implemented as a script (attached).
>
> Ok I add this script to next snapshot.

>  * Many commands (e.g. ls, basename, ...) start with writing the following
> error message to stderr:
>       0 [main] basename 3784 stdio_init: couldn't make stderr distinct
> from stdout
>
> It is funny because "ls 2>/dev/null" suppresses it so it seems the two are
> distinct after all...
>
> Maybe:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11868017/couldnt-make-stderr-distinct-from-stdout-when-running-cygwin-commands
MSYS2 make builded with dos paths support. But I can't see your errors on
my machine.
Also try to execute under bash "sh
/etc/postinstall/000-msys-post-install.sh"

>  * The package contains some remnants from your machine which should be
> probably cleaned before releasing:
>          -- home/alexey
>          -- shortcuts "mintty.exe-____.lnk" or "MSys2.lnk", both pointing
> somewhere into C:\test
>
> This is shortcuts is for minty.exe (in bin directory) and for console2 (in
lib/Console2). You can fix them and start MSYS2 from this shortcuts.

> But other then that, I was able to use it to build my projects after
> some twiddling with $PATH to override the gcc toolchain used in the
> package. Perhaps it would be better to not include "gcc.exe" and related
> without the platform triplet in the package as (arguably) most people would
> prefer use these from their mingw-w64, mingw-builds or other gcc toolchain
> package as the default one.
>
> Next snapshots I will upload without msys gcc, binutils, headers and
libraries.

New console builds https://github.com/cbucher/console/wiki/Downloads