2013/7/3 Alexey Pavlov <alex...@gmail.com>

> This is known problem. See
> https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-29099. It for Qt5 but
> for Qt4 is the same. You can't now use -O3 with mingw toolchains based
> on gcc-4.7.3+.

That issue seems unrelated. And it might be fixable by linking the 32-bit
GCC compiler executables with -Wl,--enable-large-address-aware.

> Regards,
> Alexey.
>
> 2013/7/3 Haroogan <haroo...@gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >

> > The problem is as follows.
> > Building Qt 4.8.5 with x64-4.8.0-release-posix-seh-rev2 (from the
> > MinGW-builds project) distribution and supplying -O3 optimization flag
> > results in QtCore4.dll crashing very frequently (almost always).
> >
> > Rebuilding QtCore4.dll with -O2 optimization flag immediately solves the
> > issue.
> > Of course the debug variant QtCored4.dll works just fine (as only -g is
> > supplied).
> > Please, look into it.
> > In particular, does the issue show up for the newest 4.8.1 releases?
> > If not, then I guess we shouldn't worry much as it is fixed, otherwise it
> > should definitely be investigated.
> >
> > Currently, I haven't time to try 4.8.1 out myself.
> > Why do I consider it as regression?
> > Obviously because it was not the case with MinGW-w64 based on GCC 4.7.1.

The only slightly sensible way to fix this is either hunt down a commit in
GCC that caused the issue, or try to compile with "-O3 -g3", although the
resulting backtrace is most likely very hard to interpret.

Ruben