2013/11/18 Jon <jon.for...@gmail.com>

> Reasons why the following in a 32bit MSYS2's /etc/pacman.conf is an awful
> idea?
>
>   [mingw]
>   #Server = https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/$arch
>   Server = https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/files/REPOS/MINGW/x86_64

$arch specify MSYS architecture
This is my experimental repo and I prefer to not install any mingw packages
from here while I done it.

> I don't believe there are any MSYS2 32bit exes or DLLs attempting to pull
> in 64bit DLLs from the mingw repo.
>
> I'm just experimenting at the moment, but I want you understand if/how
> MSYS2 will allow mixed configurations or require something like
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Multilib
>
> MSYS has not support for multilib.
Now I'm working on creating mingw toolchains that can be installed via
pacman.
I already create two separate bat files in msys root - mingw32_shell and
mingw64_shell that switch PATH variable to support mingw toolchains.
I will install mingw toolchains into /mingw32 and /mingw64 folders. And
they do not conflict in this case.
When you run mingw32_shell then PATH=/mingw32/bin:$PATH

> On one hand, it might be nice to be able have a single MSYS2 install (32
> or 64bit) drive EITHER a 32bit OR 64bit toolchain with a switcher script.
> Essentially, enable multilib builds at a higher level than gcc's `-m32` and
> `-m64` option level.
>
> I don't plan to provide multilib mingw toolchains for msys repository. You
can create your own repo and do what you want) But I add support to install
both 32 and 64 bit mingw toolchains in one msys in few days I think.

Regards,
Alexey.