Hello, I'd like to register to vote.

I'm quite new to the mingw-w64 project, but have been a mingw user for many
years.  I migrated in order to stay up to date with the latest versions of
GCC and because the community is a great deal more accessable than that of
the original mingw project.

My angle is that of a game developer.  I'm interested especially in
optimisation and creating software that will run, and run well, across all
platforms and can be built with purely open-source tools - I'm the rare
breed of game developer who eschews all things microsoft, but of course I
still want my games to be accessable to windows users.

I haven't made any commits, but this is primarily because of my dislike of
the grossly outmoded SVN - However, in my first week of migration to
mingw-w64 I submitted a patch for intrin.h fixing a previously undiscovered
3dnow bug, so I'm not sure if that counts me as a developer or not ;)  I'm
a committed Git user (on windows as well as *nix), I manage 59 different
repositories on Bitbucket and a handful on Github, so no prizes for
guessing which way my vote will go.

If mingw-w64 moves to git, I will be far more willing and comfortable
fixing bugs I come across in future, and won't have to do the whole dance
of creating a diff and a gist and writing to the mailing list hoping
someone else will submit my patch for me.

Regards,
SlowRiot