Hi,

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 4:02 AM, JonY <jo...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> Calling all regular mingw-w64 users, for the benefit of all, let's run a
> poll on user opinions on the move.
>
> In order to qualify to vote, please state how you are using mingw-w64
> and how this change may affect you (what's your stake in it?). You may
> discuss compromises and workarounds. Registration will be open for 1
> week until 9th of May. Please speak up!
>
> As for the mingw-w64 developers, you need only show your SF user IDs
> when voting. As long as you have write access and have made at least 1
> commit with that ID, you get a vote.
>
> Voting will start once registration is closed and will last until the 16th.

I would like to register to vote.  I am working with a colleague to
see if we can adopt mingw-w64 as the standard compiler for Python
extensions on Windows:

http://www.mail-archive.com/numpy-discussion@scipy.org/msg44997.html

I have submitted one accepted patch for the expm1 function with tests:

http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw-w64/mailman/message/32234485/

The change will affect my work because

* we may need to maintain a set of long-lived patch sets against mingw
for our distribution
* I intend to submit patches for any problems I find while testing
numerics on Windows

I'm an experienced user of svn and git:

http://sourceforge.net/u/matthewbrett/profile/
https://github.com/matthew-brett