Hi,

On Tue, 24 Mar 2015 21:20:04 +0100, Adrien Nader <adr...@notk.org> wrote:
[...]
> There's an additional reason: I'm seeing cygwin similarly to
> fedora/opensuse/arch.
> If someone is already using these, the entries on the website will make
> him check his version requirements and look at his distro package
> manager. They probably won't make anyone start using these distros
> however. Some distros have recent versions, some don't (debian, ubuntu)
> and I believe this page can help the user by providing something simple
> to read.
[...]

Would it actually be possible to mention the Debian and Ubuntu toolchains on
the download page? Most people find MinGW-w64 via the MinGW-w64 web site
rather than via their distribution, and I regularly get emails from people
surprised to find out that the toolchain is packaged in Debian/Ubuntu: since
it's not mentioned on the MinGW-w64 website they figure that their only
solution is to download one of the Win-builds.

Anyway, we currently support:
* Debian 7 (Wheezy): builds for i686, x86_64; gcc 4.6.3, MinGW-w64 2.0.3, with
  C, C++, Fortran, Ada, Objective-C and Objective-C++ compilers; C11/C++11
  threading isn't supported; the package manager is Apt/Dpkg; installation is
  done within Debian (https://packages.debian.org/mingw-w64)
* Debian 8 (Jessie): as above, with gcc 4.9.1, MinGW-w64 3.2.0; C11/C++11
  threading is supported (a Win32 threading variant is also available)
* Debian has MinGW-w64 4.0.1 in the experimental repositories
* Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin): as above, with gcc 4.6.3, MinGW-w64 2.0.1
  (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mingw-w64)
* Ubuntu 14.04 (Trusty Tahr): as above, with gcc 4.8.2, MinGW-w64 3.1.0,
  C11/C++11 threading (using winpthreads)
* Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn): as above, with gcc 4.9.1, MinGW-w64 3.1.0,
  C11/C++11 threading (a Win32 threading variant is also available)
* Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet): as above, with gcc 4.9.2, MinGW-w64 3.2.0

The only additional software currently available is gdb and nsis.

Thanks,

Stephen