On Tue, 2015-04-28 at 08:08 +0200, Christer Solskogen wrote:
> On 27.04.2015 20:16, LRN wrote:
>
> > At a glance it looks like SDL_render_d3d11.c declares and defines
> > IID_IDXGIFactory2, and mingw's dxgi1_2.h declares IID_IDXGIFactory2 as well
> > (and defines it in some library, likely libuuid.a).
> >
> > Apparently, SDL2 was written against a SDK (likely mingw.org) that has no
> > IID_IDXGIFactory2.
> >
> > The fix is to remove
> > static const GUID IID_IDXGIFactory2 = { 0x50c83a1c, 0xe072, 0x4c48, { 0x87,
> > 0xb0, 0x36, 0x30, 0xfa, 0x36, 0xa6, 0xd0 } };
> > from SDL2 (or at least ifdef it out based on some macro from dxgi1_2.h).
> >
> > At a glance, anyway.
> >

> Okay? Compiling SDL2 using v3.x (git) works just fine.

This is nothing surprising. The UIDs and interface definitions are
constantly added to the MinGW source (includes). For example, I have an
application using MSXML. There were no definitions for MSXML interfaces
so I had to add my own. It compiled fine with MinGW 3.x, but the MSXML
UIDs and interfaces has been added in MinGW 4.x. So I had to remove my
definitions in order to compile my project with MinGW 4.x. This is
called "progress" or "evolution" :-)

Pavel