Hi,

I had been using the builds as a part of MSYS2 for a while now, and I
believe this is the most robust and easiest way to install mingw-w64. Also,
due to the inherent nature of the system, it also provides the most
up-to-date builds on par with the Linux builds.

The build I see on winbuilds is actually older than the one on MSYS2. I'm
just wondering if it would be in the best interests of the entire community
that MSYS2 be promoted as the preferred build from the website instead of
winbuilds. While win-builds seem to provide a GUI and switchable toolchain,
MSYS2 just feels a lot more robust with, especially pacman. Pacman
integration at its crux, seems to be the most brilliant package management
strategy for windows, so far.

By the looks of the websites, I believe I can assume that the maintainers of
winbuilds and mingw-w64 are the same or perhaps at the least linked. But I
would very much like to think that it would be better to focus the efforts
on one if so, and perhaps may be even implement winbuilds over msys2's
excellent convergence work. But until then, I think it may make a lot more
sense to converge with MSYS2 for official sources, rather than use the
winbuilds system. Windows GCC (MinGW) builds of libraries have historically
been a pain, because of the numerous different possible configuration the
default build could have had, and due to the nature of the various sources,
and none to be so-called "official" (or at-least a de-facto standard).
Having winbuilds, and MSYS2 could again promote such problems, while
converging them could very easily become the de-facto standard.

I'd like to hear what the maintainers' thought are on these.

Regards,

Prasanna V. Loganathar