On Fri, 18 Aug 2017, Martell Malone wrote:

David, I also want to remove KEEP (*(.ctors)); which seems to cause a bug
when linking in conjunction with KEEP (*(SORT_BY_NAME(.ctors.*))) and our
new mingw-w64 markers. I have details in this email on binutils ml.
https://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2017-08/msg00078.html
I have to create a minified test case for this to get approval to remove
that line.

Martin, I am fine with adding a __clang__ guard around the implementation
if we want to land it now rather then keeping it out of tree?
Kai any objections?

That'd be great yeah. Once we can build at least simple C apps without any out-of-tree patches, it'll be a much lower barrier for entry for a lot of more people.

IIRC Kai at least ok'd the patch once last year.

// Martin