On 28.11.2022 09:40, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Nov 2022, 08:08 Jan Beulich via Gcc, <g...@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

>>> I added into CC also gcc, ld and mingw mailing list. If this is not
>>> enough, could you tell me who to contact about those issues?
>>
>> That's probably enough, sure. I merely tried to set expectations right,
>> since you did reply To: me (and lists were only on Cc: - it being the
>> other way around would have demonstrated that you're not asking me
>> specifically).
>>

> That's just how most mailers do "Reply All", I don't think it out implies
> anything.

I know mailers behave that way. But when replying you can adjust To:
vs Cc:. That's what I'm doing all the time (or at least I'm trying to
remember to do so), because it makes a difference to me whether mail
is sent To: me vs I'm only being Cc:-ed. Otherwise - why do we have
To: and Cc: as different categories?

> Removing the Cc list and *only* replying to you would be different.

Sure - that would have meant sending private mail, which is yet worse.

Jan