On Tue, 24 Oct 2023, Ozkan Sezer wrote:

> LoadLibrary needs cleaning after, and we do link to kernel32.dll anyway.

How does this play out with winstore apps using winstorecompat?  It seems
that GetModuleHandle in winstorecompat always returns NULL, while
LoadLibrary ends up calling LoadPackagedLibrary.  I have never actually
written such apps, so I don't know what LoadPackagedLibrary would return
for kernel32.dll.

I was actually originally thinking an implementation of GetProcAddress was
provided to always return NULL, and that adding "support" for win 98 might
have had an unintended consequence of forcing store apps to always use the
fallback case.  Perhaps that is the case now with GetModuleHandle.