On Mon, 30 Oct 2023, Jacek Caban wrote:

GetTickCount64 is used only for _pthread_wait_for_*_objects wrappers, where the timeout is 32-bit anyway, so it should be possible to use GetTickCount unconditionally and avoid the whole problem. It would need a bit of overflow handling, but nothing too bad.

However, looking at _pthread_wait_for_*_objects helpers, I'd argue that they don't make sense in the first. The comment claims that system functions have poor accuracy and then uses a function with the same accuracy to check that and unnecessary delay wait... I'd say we could just revert 52f2ce12c6182bd239e4f1bbffcd420997b64b08.

Thanks for having a look at this level.

However, I can kinda see the argument against returning too early though, so I could see that it makes sense to wrap WaitFor*Object(s) in a loop - do you agree with that? Reverting it outright would lose that, but I guess it'd be possible to unwrap a 32 bit counter without needing to use GetTickCount64.

// Martin