I follow your recommendations bellow, changing "apache" with "dist". Now the URLs point to
the right directory.

PS: From my mirror logs I saw that I still have the same problems with rsync.

rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (490987 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (490987 bytes received so far) [generator]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

Henk P. Penning wrote:

 In that case

   http://apache.forthnet.gr/

 will still point to the 'apache root', which will not be updated.

 I think that 'http://apache.forthnet.gr/' should show the 'dist'
 directory.

 You would have to :

 -- move directory 'dist' up one level ( to pub/www )
 -- remove apache/
 -- rename 'dist' to 'apache'
 -- *** change the destination directory in your rsync job ***

 Then:

 URL of mirror (HTTP) : http://apache.forthnet.gr/
 URL of mirror (FTP)  : ftp://ftp.forthnet.gr/pub/www/apache/

-- Best regards

Nick Katsamas
Systems Administration dpt.
Athens NOC - FORTHnet S.A.